Multiplexing in Whole-Slide Tissue Imaging for Life Science
Researchers and clinicians must work across biomarker discovery and companion diagnostic areas to translate the biological complexity of a disease into actionable information. High-content data generation and analysis – covering both the detection of what biomarkers are present and an understanding of how they interact in a particular microenvironment – is required to enable this effort.
With high spatial heterogeneity and biological complexity, resected tumor samples present a characterization challenge, particularly when samples are scarce. Multiplexing in a single, intact tissue sample is required to identify cell types, understand biological pathways, and map cellular interactions. Ultivue has developed a platform reagent technology (InSituPlexTM) that simultaneously enables whole-slide higher multiplexing by immunofluorescence and complete compatibility with the ZEISS Axio Scan.Z1 slide scanning system.
- High Multiplexing In Situ Detect 5 or more markers in a single sample with whole slide imaging
- Sample Fully Preserved Complete retention of sample antigenicity through the assay for unbiased biology
- Plug-in Validated on multiple tissue types using ZEISS Axio Scan.Z1
- Improved workflow Single staining step and simultaneous signal amplification for all markers lowers time to answer
- Versatile implementation Same technology, same reagents across the Translational Medicine value chain: equally applicable from Discovery to downstream high throughput testing
- Ultivue has developed a platform reagent technology (InSituPlexTM) that simultaneously enables whole-slide higher multiplexing by immunofluorescence and complete compatibility with the ZEISS Axio Scan.Z1 slide scanning system.
- Whole Slide Imaging Axio Scan.Z1 imaging of up to 100 slides with fast and stable LEDs and sensitive high-speed sCMOS cameras.
- Exceptional Image Quality Highest resolution 10x, 20x and 40x objectives provide excellent images for easier downstream analysis.
- One system for brightfield, fluorescence and polarization microscopy
- Modular tray concept allows to use a large range of slides
- Flexible system for demanding applications
- Easy to operate
By developing a single set of novel, proprietary reagents used both for biomarker discovery (higher content, low throughput) and translational use (lower content, high throughput), Ultivue is connecting the insights gained from research directly into the pathology lab. Ultivue’s UltiMapper™ multiplexed assays applied to tissue biopsy samples enable simultaneous quantitation of multiple biomarkers with sub-cellular spatial resolution and fit completely within traditional IHC workflows. Translational and clinical researchers leverage UltiMapper assays to elucidate complex biology and demonstrate their clinical utility as precision medicine research tools. Ultivue is expanding its UltiMapper assay product portfolio and menu of contract research services to provide a comprehensive set of precision medicine solutions for oncology research and focus in other therapeutic areas.
Ultivue is based in Cambridge, MA. For more information, visit www.ultivue.com
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.